Friday, June 6, 2014

Spiderman animation


This week we were told to animate spiderman swaying his body left to right. Applying the concept I learnt from previous lessons about IK and FK. The above video shows the beginning of my animation, as you can see, the animation is not up to standard yet. It looks unpolished and the fist is not clenched, on top of that it does not look natural.




After looking at the second video that is just above this texts, you can tell that the spiderman animation is more polished and moves naturally. I will elaborating more on how I did the animation and eventually accomplishing it. Firstly, I used IK for the legs so it will stay put and will not move when I am editing the body. Secondly, I used FK for the arms so that I am able to rotate each joints to make it look as natural as possible. On a side note, I will not be going in-depth to explain how IK and FK works as I already explained in my previous blog. Thirdly, I rotate the hips to make it natural. For example when the hip move up on the right hand side, the left leg will be straighten and vice versa. Lastly, tilting the head as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment