Friday, June 6, 2014

Final walk cycle


The above video show my final walk cycle. I will now elaborate more on how I animated the feet part of this rig. Firstly, I set the key frames for this walk cycle on key frames 0,6,12,18,24,30,36 so I can edit the movement of the feet better. Secondly, at 0 key frame I split the two legs evenly a part and move to frame 6 to lift the left leg up to make the squash effect of it in mid-air while the right leg slides backwards. Thirdly, at key frame 12 I stretch the left leg out towards the ground before resting at the two legs on key frame 18. Frame 0 and 18 is the resting points so it looks the same, the only difference is that the left and right leg swap position. Now moving on the frame 24, it looks exactly same as frame 6 with only the two legs swap position. Same goes for frame 30 and 36 matching frame 12 and 18 respectively.

I used the heel life attribute at both frame 6 and 24 to give the lifting effect that normal people does when they are lifting their legs up. I tilt the foot at frame 6 and 24 to give the pointed effect when it is being lifted up and at frame 12 and 30 I tilt it back straight to show that it is about to step on the ground.

Finally, the 3 videos below are personality I animated into the character but do take note!
This personality I did is not going to be submitted as my final project as I am doing the mani jumping of the block so do note.



I will not go into detail as I will be explaining more on mani jumping off the board as all this personalities I did was during my free time and I am not submitting them. I just wanted to experiment around with IK and FK handles. The above video show mani in a happy mood and doing a simple dance move. I used FK for the arms to make it look more natural.


The above video shows mani walking arrogantly like he seems upset with something. I put more details in this such as moving up the shoulder to show an angry mood and tilting the hips whenever he swing his hand up. This gives him a more fierce and angry feel to it. I also added him clenching his fist and bending his elbow to make it look natural.



The above video shows mani walking like he is very cool with his left hand pointing a finger out to greet his friend.



No comments:

Post a Comment