Saturday, May 3, 2014

Spiderman Model One


As you can see from the above picture, it is a picture of spiderman in a certain pose and I will be using it as reference to assist me in modeling it in maya. I will be trying to replicate this exact pose in maya to look as accurate as possible.


This is the final outcome of the model I did and I am pretty sure it is as close as it gets to resembling the reference picture. If you feel the picture is a bit too dark to see, you can scroll down to the following pictures as I added and adjusted the lighting to make it brighter and easier to see.
Front View


Back View


Side View

Reflection

First to thing first, I would like to mention about what I have learn in my lab lessons prior to making this model. In order to be able to model spiderman into such complex pose, I must first learn how joints works. Like in real life, joints are points that connect different parts of our body together allowing us to move. However joints can only move in certain way, for example elbow cannot be bend in opposite direction as it does not seem logical. Knowing these, I was able to move joints around and aiming to make the whole pose look realistic.

The use of IK and FK movement for the different parts of the body help make this pose look so realistic. For this model I used IK for both the arms and legs as I want make them stick at their current position and will not be affected when I am modeling the body of spiderman. On a side note, the use of FK allow you to rotate the 3 joints of arms and legs to specific direction but it will move if the main body is moved. As for IK, it allows you to only move the wrist of the arm or the feet to specific position and maya will move the whole leg or arm to make it look natural. Basically IK is using inverse kinematics while FK is using forward kinematics.

As you can see from the front view of the model, the shoulder of spiderman was made to bend forward as his hands is holding on a rope. In order to make it more realistic, I made to stomach move inwards like how real people's stomach would react when their hands i stretching for something. From the back view you can clearly see that the spiderman has a nice curve on its back to show the hunch back.


No comments:

Post a Comment